Monday, May 01, 2006

Blog Etiquette.

I met somebody the other day whose blog I sometimes read... It's a weird situation because if somebody somehow figured out who I was and met me, and said, "gee, I've read your blog...", I might get a bit uncomfortable. It's like saying, "I've heard so much about you!" In fact, that's exactly what it is, and that, my friends, can be really awkward. So, before I even met this woman, I knew of her, and I realized that she was the author of her blog. Then, when I met her, I didn't know if I should say something or not. It's kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation - what if she doesn't want to know that I've read it? What if she would get upset that I didn't tell her that I had? What if she feels, "of all the blogs on all the servers in all the world, she had to walk into mine!"??? (okay, that was a pretty bad adaptation of a quote, but cut me some slack, I'm rushing.) So, for now, I've just not mentioned it. My husband pointed out that she probably doesn't mind people reading it, since people that she knows personally link to her, and she uses both hers and her husband's real name... which is how I realized who she is.

Which brings me to another point. My husband also said that he thinks I'm too up front about who I am. He thinks that it's silly of me to think that nobody realizes who I am, based on the few facts I've thrown out there. What do you all think?

6 Comments:

At 1:45 PM, Blogger FrumGirl said...

I guess if someone who k nows you reads your blog and you are upfront then they will figure out who you are.

I choose to remain anonymous on my blog so I rarely put anything that really reveals who I am on it, and if its something I need to express, I do it in a very cryptic artistic way.... It works for me...

The reason for it is I do not want to curb my thoughts and if I knew people who knew me were reading what I was writing I would think twice before allowing my thoughts to flow...

Ultimately, think it depends on what the purpose of your blog is.

 
At 11:29 PM, Blogger smb said...

I want to stay anonymous on my blog so I could say what I want without being shy.

What's funny is I found out who a certain blogger is and also that their family lives a few blocks north of me.

 
At 7:46 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi people
I do not know what to give for Christmas of the to friends, advise something ....

 
At 3:54 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello. Good day
Who listens to what music?
I Love songs Justin Timberlake and Paris Hilton

 
At 10:23 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

YOUR PAGE IS GREAT. IT REALLY HELPED ME UNDERSTAND THE TOPIC
- www.blogger.com r
samsung ringtone
motorola ringtone
sony ericsson ringtone
nokia ringtone

 
At 7:12 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the information. Keep it up. Best greetings.
- www.blogger.com 4
spaghetti alla carbonara

 

Post a Comment

<< Home