Sunday, May 28, 2006

To Elie

A while ago (sorry, I can't find the link), Robert posted on his blog about how you know that a person is really your friend if they know how to stick with you through your troubles. I commented that I would often disappear when friends have hard times because I don't know how to deal with their emotions.

This time, however, that wasn't the case. I wasn't there for you, Elie, through your latest "grief milestones", not because of my inadequacies, but because of stupid technical difficulties. We still don't have internet at home and I rarely have access to it elsewhere. I haven't read any blogs regularly for the past two months, and I've barely updated my own. I'm out of touch with the blogging community. That's why I was so upset when I read a few of your latest posts about finding Aaron's wallet before Pesach, about the unveiling, and of course, the final (?) installment of Aaron's story. I'm so sorry that I've been absent. I want you to know that I admire you so much for your ability to confront what's happened and your emotions, and to deal with it. You and Debbie are so strong and it brings me to tears to think of how you've suffered. I wish you all the best in the future, and many happy years together with your family.

PS, and I haven't forgotten about that meme you tagged me for - I'll get to it eventually.

1 Comments:

At 6:56 PM, Blogger Elie said...

No apologies are needed for your temporary absence from commenting, whatever the cause. You have been there for me long-term, and that's what counts in my book.

But thanks for this very personal post - I am genuinely touched.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home